How does FareShare Work?
FareShare takes surplus food…Giving food
Thousands of tonnes from the food industry – good food that would otherwise go to waste.
redistributes it around the country…Where to find us
There are 20 FareShare Regional Centres across the UK from Aberdeen to Brighton.
Where it is used by partner charities…Getting food
5,589 of them including breakfast clubs, homeless hostels and women’s refuges.
… to help feed those who need it.Get involved
The food provided by FareShare contributes towards 25.8 million meals per year.
- FareShare West Midlands celebrate 10 million meals and 10 years of fighting hunger
Happy birthday to FareShare West Midlands! To mark the milestone, the team held a special event at their Birmingham centre. Read all about it here.
- “Volunteering at the same place as my mum is pretty special”
24 March 2017 With Mother’s Day fast approaching, we caught up with mother and daughter duo, Lisa (54) and Lucy Palin (22) who both volunteer in our Deptford warehouse. Here, they talk about what...
- FareShare joins call to eliminate ‘Holiday Hunger’ in the UK
23 March 2017 A group of over 30 organisations, including national charities, businesses and academics, are calling on the UK Government, the Scottish Parliament and the Northern Ireland Assembly to...
- The figures are in… Coca-Cola’s Christmas campaign raised £83,000 for FareShare!
We’re excited to report that our Christmas ‘Donate a Meal to Someone in Need’ promotion with Coca-Cola GB has raised over £83,000 for FareShare – that’s enough money for us to...
- Watch: Making Good Use of Surplus Food
As well as fitness, medical advice and other topics, The Chrissy B Show is also about (surplus) food and sharing healthy and nutritious recipes.
- Find love and make a difference. FareShare team up with Good Deed Dating
13 March 2017 We are delighted to announce that FareShare has joined forces with the UK’s hottest new dating services, Good Deed Dating. On Saturday 8 April, FareShare’s Deptford warehouse...