How does FareShare Work?
FareShare takes surplus food…Giving food
Thousands of tonnes from the food industry – good food that would otherwise go to waste.
redistributes it around the country…Where to find us
There are 20 FareShare Regional Centres across the UK from Aberdeen to Brighton.
Where it is used by partner charities…Getting food
6,723 of them including breakfast clubs, homeless hostels and women’s refuges.
… to help feed those who need it.Get involved
The food provided by FareShare contributes towards 28.6 million meals per year.
- Hooray! We’ve supplied over 28.6 million meals for vulnerable people this year
Our annual figures are in, and we’re delighted to announce that in the last year alone we’ve redistributed enough surplus food to create over 28.6 million nutritious meals for people in need.
- Tesco’s food waste figures show 150% increase in charity redistribution
12 May 2017 Tesco have today released their annual food waste figures, showing that the amount of good quality, in-date surplus food redistributed to charities increased from 2,303 tonnes to 5,700...
- FareShare is shortlisted for a Charity Award
11 May 2017 We’re delighted to announce that FareShare has been shortlisted for a 2017 Charity Award. The Charity Awards are the charity world’s longest-running, biggest and best-known awards...
- Fowler Welch names FareShare as Charity of the Year
11 May 2017 Fowler Welch, a leading logistics provider for the UK food industry, has named FareShare as their Charity of the Year. The partnership will see Fowler Welch employees raise money and...
- Cargill go on the road with FareShare
FareShare was delighted to welcome Isabel Dimitrov from Cargill, a long-term partner and supporter, to live a day in the life of our volunteers and help us deliver surplus food to charities...
- FareShare welcomes EFRA Food Waste Report but urges a much stronger focus on the role manufacturers can play in charity food redistribution
30 April 2017 FareShare today welcomed the publication of the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (EFRA) Select Committee report – Food waste in England. The report recommended that more should...