- General Mills is the first to deliver food to our new Regional Centre
18th August 2017 General Mills, one of the world’s leading food companies, is the first to deliver surplus goods to FareShare’s brand new regional centre in East Anglia. We took delivery of Old...
- A million meals & a million stories in Lancashire & Cumbria
Well done to our team at FareShare Lancashire and Cumbria for reaching a massive milestone – redistributing enough food for one million meals to charities and community groups in the North West.
- “The best part is you get to know people you deliver the food to”
Volunteers are the lifeblood of FareShare. Without them we wouldn’t be able to save good food from going to waste. We especially depend on our drivers who deliver our lovely food to charities who...
- FareShare food fuels Cardiff’s Fit and Fed festivities
8 August 2017 It’s Thursday 3rd of August and over 2,100 excited children are descending on Cardiff’s Principality Stadium for the annual StreetGames Multi-Sport Festival, part of the Fit and Fed...
- 100,000 meals ahoy!
3 August 2017 We’re pleased to announce that Birds Eye have provided enough surplus food to FareShare to make over 100,000 meals for people in need. Our partnership, which began two years ago,...
- Prince Harry serves up a surplus food feast
28 July 2017 Prince Harry surprised children in Newham when he dropped into a summer holiday activity session — part of the StreetGames Fit and Fed campaign, which offers free sports sessions...
- FareShare joins forces with StreetGames to fight holiday hunger
28 July 2017 This summer, FareShare is supporting 250 projects fighting holiday hunger across the UK through the Fit and Fed project. In partnership with charity StreetGames, which provides free...
- Join us for a night of live music to raise funds for FareShare
We'll be hosting a night of live music at the Hoxton Square Bar and Kitchen on 5 August. Come and say hi, catch live bands and dig into the BBQ all while raising vital funds.
- New funding will help FareShare recruit over a thousand volunteers
24 July 2017 FareShare has been named as one of the thirteen projects to be awarded a share of £2.7 million from the Second Half Fund. The fund, launched by the Department for Digital, Culture,...
- Fighting festival food waste with Lambeth Country Show
With so much food on offer, festivals can generate quite a bit of food waste. So last weekend we joined forces with Lambeth Country Show to stop good food from going to waste at the event.
- Adelaide House reflects on 2 years of using FareShare FoodCloud
To celebrate FareShare FoodCloud milestones, we catch up with one of the first ever groups touse the scheme, who are also marking their own special milestone.
- How to fight food waste from field to fork
Take a look at our handy guide explaining where food waste occurs along the supply chain - from farm through to fork - and how you can help tackle it.
- British Poultry Council Supports FareShare
12 July 2017 The British Poultry Council, who represent nearly 90% of the UK poultry meat sector (that’s chicken, turkey, duck, and goose), are supporting FareShare to ensure that surplus poultry...
- FareShare food unites at Pride
Tommy from our FareShare FoodCloud team shares his experience of taking part in FareShare’s first ever walking-float at Pride in London. Read his blog.
- FareShare East Anglia is the 21st Regional Centre to open!
Opening this summer, FareShare East Anglia will be our twenty-first UK Regional Centre and will be ready to handle in-date quality surplus food.
- Young marketeers raise £477 for FareShare at Borough Market
11 July 2017 Students from 10 London schools proved you’re never too young to get into the entrepreneurial spirit on Thursday, selling their home-grown fruit and veg at Borough Market, and raising...
- Pedal power! Fowler Welch’s Big Bike Challenge raises over £7,000 for FareShare
More than 45 intrepid cyclists have raised a whopping £7,200 and counting for FareShare, after taking part in a gruelling cross country ride last week – starting at the Fowler Welch depot...
- And The Business in the Community award goes to … FareShare!
In partnership with Tesco, we have won the Experian Award for Building Stronger Communities at this year's Business In the Community event.
- FareShare teams up with Good Deed Dating for Pride Month
FareShare joins Good Deed Dating in the first ever LGBT event to celebrate the start of Pride Month.
- “The Archers” take on food waste and food poverty
The world's longest running soap tackles food waste in a new storyline about a pay-as-you-feel cafe using surplus produce. Go The Archers!
- FareShare welcomes Trussell Trust report on food insecurity
29 June 2017 FareShare today welcomes the Trussell Trust’s report on food insecurity and the use of food banks in the UK. The report, commissioned by the Trussell Trust and carried out by the...
- Let’s celebrate Armed Forces Day
In honour of Armed Forced Day, we want to highlight Andy, a volunteer driver for FareShare Yorkshire who served in the Armed Forces.
- Getting stuck in at Grow to Work
22 June 2017 To celebrate Learning Disability Week, we talk to Grow to Work, a social enterprise in Scotland that supports people with learning disabilities to develop new skills and find work. They...
- It’s food safety week!
19 June 2017 FareShare and food safety We do not redistribute food that has exceeded its USE BY DATE. By complying with food safety legislation that applies to the food and drink industry (and any...
- “I want him to be part of this adventure.” A father and son volunteering story.
Read about father-son volunteer team Fabrice and Ambroise and their adventures helping us fight food waste.
- We’ve teamed up with OLIO to save even more food from waste
From this month, anyone signed up with food-sharing app OLIO can choose to make a donation to FareShare to help tackle food waste and fight hunger.
- Using food surplus to help people Eat Well for Less
Last night, Lambhill Stables, which collects surplus food from Tesco using FareShare FoodCloud, appeared on BBC’s Eat Well for Less, to talk about how the scheme benefits the community. Located...
- Exciting news! We have reached 10 million meals with FareShare FoodCloud
We’re delighted to announce that this week we’ve reached two new milestones with FareShare FoodCloud, 10 million meals and 5,000 charities. Tesco celebrate by launching a new TV advert which...
- We won! FareShare scoops a Charity Award for work fighting food waste
We're happy to announce that last night FareShare scooped the top prize in the Environment and Conservation category at this year’s Charity Awards. Check out our celebration video!
- What a week. What a week. What a mighty mighty good Volunteer’s Week!
From 1 to 7 June we’ve been celebrating and saying a great big Thank You to all our fantastic FareShare volunteers. Find out what we've been up to.
- Food of the month: Brilliant butternut squash bowls
Spiralizing vegetables is the hot trend of the healthy eating world, but the process can generate quite a bit of surplus food. A by-product of spiralized squash spaghetti is squash bowls.
- Tesco Suppliers Meet FareShare
As part of their commitment to ensure that no food fit for human consumption goes to waste, Tesco are encouraging their suppliers to also tackle food waste.
- Hooray! We’ve supplied over 28.6 million meals for vulnerable people this year
Our annual figures are in, and we’re delighted to announce that in the last year alone we’ve redistributed enough surplus food to create over 28.6 million nutritious meals for people in need.
- Tesco’s food waste figures show 150% increase in charity redistribution
Tesco have today released their annual food waste figures, showing that the amount of good quality, in-date surplus food redistributed to charities increased from 2,303 tonnes to 5,700 tonnes --...
- FareShare is shortlisted for a Charity Award
We’re delighted to announce that FareShare has been shortlisted for a 2017 Charity Award.
- Fowler Welch names FareShare as Charity of the Year
Fowler Welch, a leading logistics provider for the UK food industry, has named FareShare as their Charity of the Year.
- Cargill go on the road with FareShare
We were delighted to welcome Isabel Dimitrov from Cargill, a long-term partner and supporter, to live a day in the life of our volunteers and help us deliver surplus food to charities throughout...
- FareShare welcomes EFRA Food Waste Report but urges a much stronger focus on the role manufacturers can play in charity food redistribution
30 April 2017 FareShare today welcomed the publication of the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (EFRA) Select Committee report – Food waste in England. The report recommended that more should...
- Take a 360° tour of a FareShare warehouse
Go on an interactive 360° tour of our London site for an insight into the life of a FareShare warehouse.
- FareShare’s foodie surprise at charity sector dinner
20th April 2017 Unsuspecting guests at the NVCO Dinner were served up a special surprise last Thursday – a sumptuous main course created with surplus food. NCVO is the membership organisation...
- Produce for 1 million meals
24th April 2017 IPL (International Procurement and Logistics), one of FareShare’s key produce partners have hit the milestone of providing enough surplus fruit and vegetables to make over 1 million...
- FareShare teams up with Farm Shop & Deli Show 2017
18 April 2017 FareShare has joined forces with the Farm Shop & Deli Show, taking place on the 24 – 26 April at the NEC in Birmingham, to ensure that any surplus food and drink left over...
- Easter treats and egg hunts at FareShare
13 April 2017 When it comes to egg hunts, FareShare staff and volunteers didn’t have far to look — over 24,360 of them were redistributed to charities and community groups in the days leading...
- FareShare hosts a first date with a difference
10 April 2017 This Saturday FareShare London opened the doors of its Deptford warehouse to eight singles who had all signed up for a unique dating experience – volunteering with Good Deed...
- A taste of the great outdoors
Make the most of the lighter evenings by ditching the kitchen and eating outside instead. Take inspiration from a community group who give children a hot meal and a taste of the great outdoors.
- FareShare West Midlands celebrate 10 million meals and 10 years of fighting hunger
Happy birthday to FareShare West Midlands! To mark the milestone, the team held a special event at their Birmingham centre. Read all about it here.
- “Volunteering at the same place as my mum is pretty special”
24 March 2017 With Mother’s Day fast approaching, we caught up with mother and daughter duo, Lisa (54) and Lucy Palin (22) who both volunteer in our Deptford warehouse. Here, they talk about what...
- FareShare joins call to eliminate ‘Holiday Hunger’ in the UK
23 March 2017 A group of over 30 organisations, including national charities, businesses and academics, are calling on the UK Government, the Scottish Parliament and the Northern Ireland Assembly to...
- The figures are in… Coca-Cola’s Christmas campaign raised £83,000 for FareShare!
We’re excited to report that our Christmas ‘Donate a Meal to Someone in Need’ promotion with Coca-Cola GB has raised over £83,000 for FareShare – that’s enough money for us to...
- Watch: Making Good Use of Surplus Food
As well as fitness, medical advice and other topics, The Chrissy B Show is also about (surplus) food and sharing healthy and nutritious recipes.