- Waitrose is latest retailer to trial FareShare FoodCloud
We are delighted to announce that UK retailer Waitrose is strengthening its commitment to reducing food waste by launching a trial with FareShare FoodCloud this month. Waitrose is the second...
- Thanks to all our food partners who’ve made Christmas dinner possible this year!
Thanks to the support of our food partners, FareShare have been able to provide Christmas dinner to people who may otherwise go without. We have received surplus turkeys, salmon, carrots, sprouts,...
- FareShare and innocent reach milestone in partnership
Since 1999, we have partnered with innocent to distribute their juices and smoothies which would otherwise go to waste, to vulnerable people as part of FareShare’s regular food provision. innocent...
- Co-op hits a million meals
16 December The Co-op has pledged to provide 100,000 more meals to good causes in the run-up to Christmas after the retailer reached its target to supply a million meals to people in need during...
- “It’s a feel good day. That’s what Christmas should be about.”
We caught up with Clare Johnson from White Christmas, a festive dinner for vulnerable people who would be on their own otherwise. Read on for how you turn surplus food into a meal for 500 people.
- 2.8 million thank-yous.
A massive thank you to everyone who supported our recent Neighbourhood Food Collection in Tesco stores. Together we collected a whopping 2.8 million meals for people in need!
- Food redistribution improves the lives of vulnerable people
14 December 2016 46% of people turning to charities for food have gone a day without a proper meal in the last month, research has revealed. The report ‘More than meals: Making a difference with...
- Donate food for someone in need this winter
Pop into your local Tesco between 1 and 3 December to donate long-life food for someone in need this winter as part of our ninth Neighbourhood Food Collection.
- Help us feed people in need with a Hat with a Heart
Warm up this winter with a Hat with a Heart and F&F will donate £1 to FareShare and foodbank charity, The Trussell Trust
- FareShare FoodCloud and Tesco sign 3,000th charity
The milestone was celebrated at Tesco Edinburgh Hermiston with the Riccarton Playgroup, who are the 3,000th charity to receive free food from the scheme.
- Coca-Cola campaign gives festive boost to FareShare
The world's best-known soft drinks brand has launched a Christmas campaign that will raise awareness of FareShare's work with millions of people, while raising vital funds to help feed people in
- Fowler Welch teams up with FareShare to reduce food waste
The supply chain specialist is offering logistical support to clients along the South Coast, to help them transport surplus food to FareShare's network.
- Yeo Valley turns surplus plums into Left-Yeovers yogurt
The limited edition Plum and Custard yoghurt will go on sale in November, with 10p from every pot being donated to FareShare.
- FareShare wins two IGD awards for FareShare FoodCloud
FareShare and Tesco won the Sustainable Futures Award and FareShare's Kris Gibbon-Walsh scooped the Leading Light Award at the grocery industry's 'Oscars'
- Leading charities launch End Hunger UK campaign
FareShare has joined forces with 12 other charities to start a national conversation about what needs to change to tackle UK hunger.
- Lunch with Ronnie and the regulars at the Cosy Crow Cafe
The Cosy Crow's homemade meals, made using surplus food from FareShare North East, proved a big hit with the local older community in Gateshead.
- Let’s be heroes against UK hunger 1-3 December
Registration is now open! Sign up to volunteer for FareShare at this December's Neighbourhood Food Collection and help us fight hunger in the UK.
- Kerrang Radio’s Food Fighters campaign
Kerrang Radio has launched a three-week campaign to raise awareness of food waste and food poverty
- 5 seasonal surplus veg from farm to fork
To celebrate the harvest, we've picked the top 5 seasonal produce that we’ve redistributed this autumn.
- Ten older people’s lunch clubs offered free food for a year
FareShare Greater Manchester is marking Older People’s Day by offering a free one year membership to 10 lunch clubs that provide support for older people at risk of malnutrition or social
- Evening Standard launches food waste campaign
The London Evening Standard has launched a major campaign on food waste and food poverty, to address what it calls "a scandal" that must be put right
- In pictures: Cooking in the holiday kitchen
We went along to Golden Hillock Holiday Kitchen in Birmingham to hear how they have been using surplus food from FareShare to lend a helping hand to parents.
- Young volunteers lend a hand to FareShare
Volunteers taking part in the National Citizen Service Powered by the Jewish Lads’ and Girls’ Brigade (JLGB) programme helped to sort food for charities and community groups across the capital.
- Meet the chef: Claire at Greenwich Migrant Hub
We went along to Greenwich Migrant Hub to hear how energetic chef Claire transforms surplus food into magnificent meals. Read the interview.
- FareShare CEO on Evening Standard Progress 1000 list
Lindsay Boswell has been included on the London Evening Standard's Progress 1000 list for leading the charity's work to tackle food waste and UK hunger.
- “Good food gives you energy, it lifts your mood.”
This week we're celebrating redistributing a million meals through FareShare FoodCloud. Brushstrokes, one of the charities benefiting, shared their story with us.
- FareShare & Tesco say #thanksamillion for 1 million meals
An incredible 1 million meals have been saved from waste and redistributed to feed people in need right across the UK, through FareShare FoodCloud.
- FareShare launches ‘back to school’ fruit appeal
Ahead of the new school term, FareShare is calling for more fresh fruit suppliers to provide surplus produce, to help hundreds of breakfast clubs give children a healthy start to their day.
- Veetee shows small brands can make a big difference
Veetee, one of the largest producers of rice for the UK grocery market, has partnered with FareShare to ensure that surplus stock is used to feed people in need.
- BBC series Hugh’s War on Waste revisits FareShare
Hugh’s War on Waste returned to the nation’s screens on 28 July with encouraging news about charity redistribution of surplus food: in the six months between filming episode 2 and episode 3...
- Nearly 3 million meals donated for people in need!
The results are in! We can now reveal that together you donated a mammoth 2.8 million meals for people in need during the Neighbourhood Food Collection.
- Run the Royal Parks or Swim the Serpentine for FareShare
We have a limited number of spaces in the Royal Parks Half Marathon and Swim Serpentine events this autumn and we need YOU to take on the challenge to help us fight hunger and tackle food waste.
- FareShare Glasgow & West of Scotland supports Homeless World Cup
Tesco and FareShare are working together to provide 19,000 meals and 21,000 bottles of water to players and coaches in this summer’s Homeless World Cup
- Top chefs help FareShare Cymru celebrate 5 years & 4 million meals for people in need
Top chefs, Aled Williams and Anand George, joined FareShare Cymru to celebrate five years since we began fighting hunger and food waste in South Wales
- Calling all foodies to help London charities
FareShare London is seeking dozens of enthusiastic “food heroes” to volunteer in its Deptford warehouse over the Summer as it expands to meet growing demand. Could you help?
- Thank you for helping feed people in need!
Neighbourhood Food Collection 30 June-2 July 2016 We want to say a great big THANK YOU to everyone who gave generously to the Neighbourhood Food Collection last week. Your support will make a big...
- Help feed people in need 30 June-2 July
FareShare is taking over Tesco stores to collect food for people in need this summer. Donate in your local store today!
- Wonky Mr Potato Head auctioned for FareShare
A bespoke Wonky Mr Potato Head is being auctioned to raise money for FareShare.
- FareShare West Midlands gets funding boost from Masonic Charitable Foundation
FareShare West Midlands will be able to redistribute more surplus food to charities and community groups across the region thanks to a £60,000 grant from the Masonic Charitable Foundation.
- Elanco intern fights UK hunger with 52-mile fundraising challenge
Stephen Lea, a student at Liverpool John Moores University and intern at global animal health company, Elanco, is running 52 miles across Merseyside to raise funds for FareShare.
- Yeo Valley raises £12,000 for FareShare with Left-Yeovers
Sales of a special edition yoghurt made with fruit that might otherwise have gone to waste, have raised more than £12,000 for FareShare.
- Charities serve up 18 million meals diverted from waste
FareShare received a record 9,070 tonnes of food from the food industry during 2015/16, enough for frontline charities to provide 18.3 million meals to people in need - but just “the tip of a food...
- “I love the place, the people and the work we are doing.”
We caught up with new London Warehouse Shift Co-ordinator Robert about his journey from FareShare volunteer to FareShare employee.
- Volunteers’ Week: time to say thank you
It's Volunteers' Week between 1 and 12 June and we're saying a big THANK YOU to each and every person who volunteers for FareShare. Watch our film to hear from our volunteers in their own words.
- “It is just a really heart-warming experience”
We caught up with student Jonathan about volunteering at the Neighbourhood Food Collection. Read our interview.
- 1,000 charities receiving free surplus food through FareShare FoodCloud
More than 1,000 charities and community groups are receiving free surplus food from their local Tesco store through FareShare FoodCloud,
- The Grocer launches ‘Waste Not Want Not’ campaign
Influential food and drink industry publication, The Grocer has launched a major campaign on food waste that aims to substantially increase the amount of surplus food redistributed to feed people.
- A night of food and fundraising at the River Cottage
FareShare Southern Central enjoyed a particularly special fundraising event at the River Cottage Canteen. Guest blog by our volunteer Mary.
- WRAP report confirms “huge potential” to redistribute surplus food
WRAP report confirms that hundreds of thousands of tonnes of good, surplus food could be saved from waste each year, and redistributed to charities to feed vulnerable people.
If you’d like to take part in Pay It Forward Day on 28 April, and help FareShare to fight UK hunger at the same time, here are a few ideas.