- The figures are in… Coca-Cola’s Christmas campaign raised £83,000 for FareShare!
We’re excited to report that our Christmas ‘Donate a Meal to Someone in Need’ promotion with Coca-Cola GB has raised over £83,000 for FareShare – that’s enough money for us to...
- Watch: Making Good Use of Surplus Food
As well as fitness, medical advice and other topics, The Chrissy B Show is also about (surplus) food and sharing healthy and nutritious recipes.
- Find love and make a difference. FareShare team up with Good Deed Dating
We are delighted to announce that FareShare has joined forces with the UK’s hottest new dating services, Good Deed Dating. On Saturday 8 April, FareShare’s Deptford warehouse will open its...
- FareShare supports Tesco’s ‘no time for waste’ campaign
Homeless charity Ace of Clubs is interviewed on how surplus food from Tesco via FareShare FoodCloud makes a difference.
- The business case for reducing food waste
For each £1.00 invested in reducing food waste loss and reduction systems the company return on investment is £14.00, says The Business Case for Reducing Food Loss and Waste report by Champions...
- How FareShare Supports Women’s Groups Across the UK
Tomorrow’s Women Wirral (TWW) offers support to local women aged 18+ who may have lost their confidence and feel isolated.
- FareShare Partners with the European Pizza & Pasta Show
2 March 2017 FareShare are proud to be named as charity partner of the European Pizza and Pasta Show, planned for 15-16 November 2017 at Olympia London and organised in association with PAPA -The...
- One in five charities are “struggling to survive”. Surplus food could be the lifeline that they need.
One in five larger UK charities are “struggling to survive” because of rising demand for services and an increasingly tough financial landscape.
- A flipping great pancake day at FareShare
28 February 2017 Thanks to the support of our food partners, FareShare are helping thousands of frontline charities and community groups across the UK celebrate Shrove Tuesday in style. Some of the...
- Watch: “You feel like you’ve done something good”
People volunteer at FareShare for all sorts of reasons, from being part of a team to gaining skills to doing something good.
- “What I enjoy about volunteering is being in touch with other volunteers.”
Student Michael has been volunteering at FareShare since October while studying for his MA in photography. We caught up with him about volunteering at FareShare.
- Student volunteer is a social media success
Sports journalism student Daniel Carr has had his eyes opened to the world of volunteering as part of his work with FareShare Yorkshire, where he helps to manage the charity's social media accounts.
- How volunteering raises Hannah’s awareness of food waste
For the second day of Student Volunteering Week, we asked our own student volunteer Hannah a few questions about her experience at FareShare Northern Ireland.
- Watch: Why volunteering is a great way to gain new skills
Today is the beginning of Student Volunteering Week! Because our student volunteers are important to us, this week we will be celebrating everything they do for FareShare.
- Increase in demand from charities prompts call for chilled food surplus
Over the past 12 months, charity-sign ups to FareShare have increased by 144%. To meet the growing demand, we are seeking even more food companies to get involved.
- Join FareShare at The Grocer’s food waste webinar
FareShare CEO Lindsay Boswell will join leading food waste experts for The Grocer’s first ever waste webinar on Wednesday 22 February. Sign up on The Grocer magazine’s website for your chance to...
- Why redistributing surplus food to charity makes sense
Watch our film to hear from FareShare CEO Lindsay Boswell on why redistributing surplus food to charities is the right thing to do.
- 5 minutes with Adam on 15 years at FareShare
We caught up with one of our longest serving members of staff, Adam Bramley, who will be celebrating his 15 years of service with FareShare Yorkshire on 11 February!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Partners with FareShare and Global Food Network to Fight Hunger in the UK
As part of a US$60 million programme launched by the Enterprise Rent-A-Car Foundation to combat hunger in Europe and North America, FareShare has received the first of six £500,000 annual grants to...
- FareShare FoodCloud celebrate 5 million meals with Tesco
January 2017 FareShare FoodCloud is celebrating over five million meals served to more than 3,300 community groups and charities since its launch with Tesco a year ago. Launched in February 2016,...
- Here’s a cheer for Chinese New Year
The Oxfordshire Chinese Community and Advice Centre in Oxford hosts a buffet for a thousand people each year in celebration of Chinese New Year using some food they receive from FareShare Thames...
- How to catch a surplus haggis
The wild haggis hunt may be the stuff of Scottish folklore but at FareShare this Burns Night, the surplus haggis hunt is in full swing. Follow our teams redistributing surplus haggis to charities.
- Waitrose is latest retailer to trial FareShare FoodCloud
27 January 2017 We are delighted to announce that UK retailer Waitrose is strengthening its commitment to reducing food waste by launching a trial with FareShare FoodCloud this month. Waitrose is...
- Thanks to all our food partners who’ve made Christmas dinner possible this year!
Thanks to the support of our food partners, FareShare have been able to provide Christmas dinner to people who may otherwise go without. We have received surplus turkeys, salmon, carrots, sprouts,...
- FareShare and innocent reach milestone in partnership
Since 1999, we have partnered with innocent to distribute their juices and smoothies which would otherwise go to waste, to vulnerable people as part of FareShare’s regular food provision. innocent...
- Co-op hits a million meals
16 December The Co-op has pledged to provide 100,000 more meals to good causes in the run-up to Christmas after the retailer reached its target to supply a million meals to people in need during...
- “It’s a feel good day. That’s what Christmas should be about.”
We caught up with Clare Johnson from White Christmas, a festive dinner for vulnerable people who would be on their own otherwise. Read on for how you turn surplus food into a meal for 500 people.
- 2.8 million thank-yous.
A massive thank you to everyone who supported our recent Neighbourhood Food Collection in Tesco stores. Together we collected a whopping 2.8 million meals for people in need!
- Food redistribution improves the lives of vulnerable people
14 December 2016 46% of people turning to charities for food have gone a day without a proper meal in the last month, research has revealed. The report ‘More than meals: Making a difference with...
- Donate food for someone in need this winter
Pop into your local Tesco between 1 and 3 December to donate long-life food for someone in need this winter as part of our ninth Neighbourhood Food Collection.
- Help us feed people in need with a Hat with a Heart
Warm up this winter with a Hat with a Heart and F&F will donate £1 to FareShare and foodbank charity, The Trussell Trust
- FareShare FoodCloud and Tesco sign 3,000th charity
The milestone was celebrated at Tesco Edinburgh Hermiston with the Riccarton Playgroup, who are the 3,000th charity to receive free food from the scheme.
- Coca-Cola campaign gives festive boost to FareShare
The world's best-known soft drinks brand has launched a Christmas campaign that will raise awareness of FareShare's work with millions of people, while raising vital funds to help feed people in
- Fowler Welch teams up with FareShare to reduce food waste
The supply chain specialist is offering logistical support to clients along the South Coast, to help them transport surplus food to FareShare's network.
- Yeo Valley turns surplus plums into Left-Yeovers yogurt
The limited edition Plum and Custard yoghurt will go on sale in November, with 10p from every pot being donated to FareShare.
- FareShare wins two IGD awards for FareShare FoodCloud
FareShare and Tesco won the Sustainable Futures Award and FareShare's Kris Gibbon-Walsh scooped the Leading Light Award at the grocery industry's 'Oscars'
- Leading charities launch End Hunger UK campaign
FareShare has joined forces with 12 other charities to start a national conversation about what needs to change to tackle UK hunger.
- Lunch with Ronnie and the regulars at the Cosy Crow Cafe
The Cosy Crow's homemade meals, made using surplus food from FareShare North East, proved a big hit with the local older community in Gateshead.
- Let’s be heroes against UK hunger 1-3 December
Registration is now open! Sign up to volunteer for FareShare at this December's Neighbourhood Food Collection and help us fight hunger in the UK.
- Kerrang Radio’s Food Fighters campaign
Kerrang Radio has launched a three-week campaign to raise awareness of food waste and food poverty
- 5 seasonal surplus veg from farm to fork
To celebrate the harvest, we've picked the top 5 seasonal produce that we’ve redistributed this autumn.
- Ten older people’s lunch clubs offered free food for a year
FareShare Greater Manchester is marking Older People’s Day by offering a free one year membership to 10 lunch clubs that provide support for older people at risk of malnutrition or social
- Evening Standard launches food waste campaign
The London Evening Standard has launched a major campaign on food waste and food poverty, to address what it calls "a scandal" that must be put right
- In pictures: Cooking in the holiday kitchen
We went along to Golden Hillock Holiday Kitchen in Birmingham to hear how they have been using surplus food from FareShare to lend a helping hand to parents.
- Young volunteers lend a hand to FareShare
Volunteers taking part in the National Citizen Service Powered by the Jewish Lads’ and Girls’ Brigade (JLGB) programme helped to sort food for charities and community groups across the capital.
- Meet the chef: Claire at Greenwich Migrant Hub
We went along to Greenwich Migrant Hub to hear how energetic chef Claire transforms surplus food into magnificent meals. Read the interview.
- FareShare CEO on Evening Standard Progress 1000 list
Lindsay Boswell has been included on the London Evening Standard's Progress 1000 list for leading the charity's work to tackle food waste and UK hunger.
- “Good food gives you energy, it lifts your mood.”
This week we're celebrating redistributing a million meals through FareShare FoodCloud. Brushstrokes, one of the charities benefiting, shared their story with us.
- FareShare & Tesco say #thanksamillion for 1 million meals
An incredible 1 million meals have been saved from waste and redistributed to feed people in need right across the UK, through FareShare FoodCloud.
- FareShare launches ‘back to school’ fruit appeal
Ahead of the new school term, FareShare is calling for more fresh fruit suppliers to provide surplus produce, to help hundreds of breakfast clubs give children a healthy start to their day.