Stories behind meals
We work with hundreds of volunteers, to deliver food to thousands of charities, who serve millions of meals to vulnerable people across the UK. Here’s some of the stories behind those numbers.
- Adelaide House reflects on 2 years of using FareShare FoodCloud
To celebrate FareShare FoodCloud milestones, we catch up with one of the first ever groups touse the scheme, who are also marking their own special milestone.
- FareShare East Anglia is the 21st Regional Centre to open!
Opening this summer, FareShare East Anglia will be our twenty-first UK Regional Centre and will be ready to handle in-date quality surplus food.
- Let’s celebrate Armed Forces Day
In honour of Armed Forced Day, we want to highlight Andy, a volunteer driver for FareShare Yorkshire who served in the Armed Forces.
- Exciting news! We have reached 10 million meals with FareShare FoodCloud
We’re delighted to announce that this week we’ve reached two new milestones with FareShare FoodCloud, 10 million meals and 5,000 charities. Tesco celebrate by launching a new TV advert which...
- “Volunteering at the same place as my mum is pretty special”
24 March 2017 With Mother’s Day fast approaching, we caught up with mother and daughter duo, Lisa (54) and Lucy Palin (22) who both volunteer in our Deptford warehouse. Here, they talk about what...
- Student volunteer is a social media success
Sports journalism student Daniel Carr has had his eyes opened to the world of volunteering as part of his work with FareShare Yorkshire, where he helps to manage the charity's social media accounts.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Partners with FareShare and Global Food Network to Fight Hunger in the UK
As part of a US$60 million programme launched by the Enterprise Rent-A-Car Foundation to combat hunger in Europe and North America, FareShare has received the first of six £500,000 annual grants to...
- Waitrose is latest retailer to trial FareShare FoodCloud
27 January 2017 We are delighted to announce that UK retailer Waitrose is strengthening its commitment to reducing food waste by launching a trial with FareShare FoodCloud this month. Waitrose is...
- Thanks to all our food partners who’ve made Christmas dinner possible this year!
Thanks to the support of our food partners, FareShare have been able to provide Christmas dinner to people who may otherwise go without. We have received surplus turkeys, salmon, carrots, sprouts,...
- FareShare and innocent reach milestone in partnership
Since 1999, we have partnered with innocent to distribute their juices and smoothies which would otherwise go to waste, to vulnerable people as part of FareShare’s regular food provision. innocent...
- “It’s a feel good day. That’s what Christmas should be about.”
We caught up with Clare Johnson from White Christmas, a festive dinner for vulnerable people who would be on their own otherwise. Read on for how you turn surplus food into a meal for 500 people.
- Lunch with Ronnie and the regulars at the Cosy Crow Cafe
The Cosy Crow's homemade meals, made using surplus food from FareShare North East, proved a big hit with the local older community in Gateshead.
- Young volunteers lend a hand to FareShare
Volunteers taking part in the National Citizen Service Powered by the Jewish Lads’ and Girls’ Brigade (JLGB) programme helped to sort food for charities and community groups across the capital.
- Meet the chef: Claire at Greenwich Migrant Hub
We went along to Greenwich Migrant Hub to hear how energetic chef Claire transforms surplus food into magnificent meals. Read the interview.
- “Everyone has a story to tell.”
Noran Flynn manages Nechells POD, a small charity at the heart of one of the most disadvantaged wards in Birmingham. Here she shares her story.
- “I love the place, the people and the work we are doing.”
We caught up with new London Warehouse Shift Co-ordinator Robert about his journey from FareShare volunteer to FareShare employee.
- Our work with General Mills
As well as redistributing surplus stock to FareShare, General Mills also provide substantial funding. Through a partnership between the General Mills Foundation, The Global FoodBanking Network and...
- “It is just a really heart-warming experience”
We caught up with student Jonathan about volunteering at the Neighbourhood Food Collection. Read our interview.
- My day at Lunch Positive
I arrived at Lunch Positive in true FareShare fashion, in a delivery van bearing a sack of potatoes. Relieved of the potatoes, which disappeared into a bustling kitchen, I was welcomed by Project...
- “People were just so happy to donate”
We caught up with Helen, one of our volunteers who helped out at last December’s Neighbourhood Food Collection, to find out what she thought about her day collecting food.
- Talking to 1625 Independent People
Our Food Collection Intern Hannah visited one of our member projects in Bristol to find out how food donated at the Neighbourhood Food Collection is helping.
- In the FareShare Thames Valley warehouse
Volunteer and sometime roving reporter Andy Baker has been out and about to bring us a blog on life in the FareShare Thames Valley warehouse.
- A brain power boost for breakfast
Food that otherwise would have gone to waste is giving children at a breakfast club in South East London a brainpower boost for the school day.
- A day in the life of FareShare Greater Manchester
Blogger Liz Smith visited FareShare Greater Manchester.
- Seventh Neighbourhood Food Collection launches across UK
The Seventh Neighbourhood Food Collection is underway!
- Stories behind the meals: Ronald McDonald House
Going shopping is the last thing on your mind when your child is in hospital. We visited Ronald McDonald House to find out how food from FareShare is helping to make life a little easier for parents.
- FareShare’s food redistribution work goes primetime
Thanks to Hugh’s War on Waste on BBC1, FareShare’s no longer the charity sector’s best kept secret!
- Making a difference to young lives
When Community Worker Fran Gardner heard that children at Rose Hill Junior Youth Club were missing meals, she knew something had to be done.
- Kenneth’s story: “The best bit? Seeing where the food goes”
We recently said goodbye and congratulations to our volunteer Kenneth as he headed off to start a new job.
- FareShare’s volunteer chef helps Yeo Valley with left over yogurt recipes
Fareshare’s volunteer chef, Helen Scully, gets a personal thanks from Yeo Valley on their new Left-Yeovers limited edition pots.