Media and news
We can provide you with more information and arrange interviews with our spokespeople, including our CEO Lindsay Boswell and Director of Food Mark Varney, about our work and the issues of food poverty and waste. We also have high resolution images available for reproduction. Please contact our press team to find out more.
- Let’s celebrate Armed Forces Day
In honour of Armed Forced Day, we want to highlight Andy, a volunteer driver for FareShare Yorkshire who served in the Armed Forces.
- Getting stuck in at Grow to Work
To celebrate Learning Disability Week, we talk to Grow to Work, a social enterprise in Scotland that supports people with learning disabilities to develop new skills and find work. They have been...
- It’s food safety week!
Food safety is at the heart of everything we do at FareShare. It’s not just about redistributing great tasting, good quality food, it’s also about making sure that that food is safe to...
- “I want him to be part of this adventure.” A father and son volunteering story.
Read about father-son volunteer team Fabrice and Ambroise and their adventures helping us fight food waste.
- We’ve teamed up with OLIO to save even more food from waste
From this month, anyone signed up with food-sharing app OLIO can choose to make a donation to FareShare to help tackle food waste and fight hunger.
- Using food surplus to help people Eat Well for Less
Last night, Lambhill Stables, which collects surplus food from Tesco using FareShare FoodCloud, appeared on BBC’s Eat Well for Less, to talk about how the scheme benefits the community. Located...
- Exciting news! We have reached 10 million meals with FareShare FoodCloud
We’re delighted to announce that this week we’ve reached two new milestones with FareShare FoodCloud, 10 million meals and 5,000 charities. Tesco celebrate by launching a new TV advert which...
- We won! FareShare scoops a Charity Award for work fighting food waste
We're happy to announce that last night FareShare scooped the top prize in the Environment and Conservation category at this year’s Charity Awards. Check out our celebration video!
- What a week. What a week. What a mighty mighty good Volunteer’s Week!
From 1 to 7 June we’ve been celebrating and saying a great big Thank You to all our fantastic FareShare volunteers. Find out what we've been up to.
- Food of the month: Brilliant butternut squash bowls
Spiralizing vegetables is the hot trend of the healthy eating world, but the process can generate quite a bit of surplus food. A by-product of spiralized squash spaghetti is squash bowls.
- Tesco Suppliers Meet FareShare
As part of their commitment to ensure that no food fit for human consumption goes to waste, Tesco are encouraging their suppliers to also tackle food waste.
- Hooray! We’ve supplied over 28.6 million meals for vulnerable people this year
Our annual figures are in, and we’re delighted to announce that in the last year alone we’ve redistributed enough surplus food to create over 28.6 million nutritious meals for people in need.
- Tesco’s food waste figures show 150% increase in charity redistribution
Tesco have today released their annual food waste figures, showing that the amount of good quality, in-date surplus food redistributed to charities increased from 2,303 tonnes to 5,700 tonnes --...
- FareShare is shortlisted for a Charity Award
We’re delighted to announce that FareShare has been shortlisted for a 2017 Charity Award.
- Fowler Welch names FareShare as Charity of the Year
Fowler Welch, a leading logistics provider for the UK food industry, has named FareShare as their Charity of the Year.
- Cargill go on the road with FareShare
We were delighted to welcome Isabel Dimitrov from Cargill, a long-term partner and supporter, to live a day in the life of our volunteers and help us deliver surplus food to charities throughout...
- FareShare welcomes EFRA Food Waste Report but urges a much stronger focus on the role manufacturers can play in charity food redistribution
30 April 2017 FareShare today welcomed the publication of the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (EFRA) Select Committee report – Food waste in England. The report recommended that more should...
- Take a 360° tour of a FareShare warehouse
Go on an interactive 360° tour of our London site for an insight into the life of a FareShare warehouse.
- FareShare’s foodie surprise at charity sector dinner
20th April 2017 Unsuspecting guests at the NVCO Dinner were served up a special surprise last Thursday – a sumptuous main course created with surplus food. NCVO is the membership organisation...
- Produce for 1 million meals
24th April 2017 IPL (International Procurement and Logistics), one of FareShare’s key produce partners have hit the milestone of providing enough surplus fruit and vegetables to make over 1 million...
- FareShare teams up with Farm Shop & Deli Show 2017
18 April 2017 FareShare has joined forces with the Farm Shop & Deli Show, taking place on the 24 – 26 April at the NEC in Birmingham, to ensure that any surplus food and drink left over...
- Easter treats and egg hunts at FareShare
13 April 2017 When it comes to egg hunts, FareShare staff and volunteers didn’t have far to look — over 24,360 of them were redistributed to charities and community groups in the days leading...
- FareShare hosts a first date with a difference
10 April 2017 This Saturday FareShare London opened the doors of its Deptford warehouse to eight singles who had all signed up for a unique dating experience – volunteering with Good Deed...
- A taste of the great outdoors
Make the most of the lighter evenings by ditching the kitchen and eating outside instead. Take inspiration from a community group who give children a hot meal and a taste of the great outdoors.
- FareShare West Midlands celebrate 10 million meals and 10 years of fighting hunger
Happy birthday to FareShare West Midlands! To mark the milestone, the team held a special event at their Birmingham centre. Read all about it here.
- “Volunteering at the same place as my mum is pretty special”
24 March 2017 With Mother’s Day fast approaching, we caught up with mother and daughter duo, Lisa (54) and Lucy Palin (22) who both volunteer in our Deptford warehouse. Here, they talk about what...
- FareShare joins call to eliminate ‘Holiday Hunger’ in the UK
23 March 2017 A group of over 30 organisations, including national charities, businesses and academics, are calling on the UK Government, the Scottish Parliament and the Northern Ireland Assembly to...
- The figures are in… Coca-Cola’s Christmas campaign raised £83,000 for FareShare!
We’re excited to report that our Christmas ‘Donate a Meal to Someone in Need’ promotion with Coca-Cola GB has raised over £83,000 for FareShare – that’s enough money for us to...
- Watch: Making Good Use of Surplus Food
As well as fitness, medical advice and other topics, The Chrissy B Show is also about (surplus) food and sharing healthy and nutritious recipes.
- Find love and make a difference. FareShare team up with Good Deed Dating
13 March 2017 We are delighted to announce that FareShare has joined forces with the UK’s hottest new dating services, Good Deed Dating. On Saturday 8 April, FareShare’s Deptford warehouse...
- FareShare supports Tesco’s ‘no time for waste’ campaign
Homeless charity Ace of Clubs is interviewed on how surplus food from Tesco via FareShare FoodCloud makes a difference.
- The business case for reducing food waste
For each £1.00 invested in reducing food waste loss and reduction systems the company return on investment is £14.00, says The Business Case for Reducing Food Loss and Waste report by Champions...
- How FareShare Supports Women’s Groups Across the UK
Tomorrow’s Women Wirral (TWW) offers support to local women aged 18+ who may have lost their confidence and feel isolated.
- FareShare Partners with the European Pizza & Pasta Show
2 March 2017 FareShare are proud to be named as charity partner of the European Pizza and Pasta Show, planned for 15-16 November 2017 at Olympia London and organised in association with PAPA -The...
- One in five charities are “struggling to survive”. Surplus food could be the lifeline that they need.
One in five larger UK charities are “struggling to survive” because of rising demand for services and an increasingly tough financial landscape.
- A flipping great pancake day at FareShare
28 February 2017 Thanks to the support of our food partners, FareShare are helping thousands of frontline charities and community groups across the UK celebrate Shrove Tuesday in style. Some of the...
- Watch: “You feel like you’ve done something good”
People volunteer at FareShare for all sorts of reasons, from being part of a team to gaining skills to doing something good.
- “What I enjoy about volunteering is being in touch with other volunteers.”
Student Michael has been volunteering at FareShare since October while studying for his MA in photography. We caught up with him about volunteering at FareShare.
- Student volunteer is a social media success
Sports journalism student Daniel Carr has had his eyes opened to the world of volunteering as part of his work with FareShare Yorkshire, where he helps to manage the charity's social media accounts.
- How volunteering raises Hannah’s awareness of food waste
For the second day of Student Volunteering Week, we asked our own student volunteer Hannah a few questions about her experience at FareShare Northern Ireland.
- Watch: Why volunteering is a great way to gain new skills
Today is the beginning of Student Volunteering Week! Because our student volunteers are important to us, this week we will be celebrating everything they do for FareShare.
- Increase in demand from charities prompts call for chilled food surplus
Over the past 12 months, charity-sign ups to FareShare have increased by 144%. To meet the growing demand, we are seeking even more food companies to get involved.
- Join FareShare at The Grocer’s food waste webinar
FareShare CEO Lindsay Boswell will join leading food waste experts for The Grocer’s first ever waste webinar on Wednesday 22 February. Sign up on The Grocer magazine’s website for your chance to...
- Why redistributing surplus food to charity makes sense
Watch our film to hear from FareShare CEO Lindsay Boswell on why redistributing surplus food to charities is the right thing to do.
- 5 minutes with Adam on 15 years at FareShare
We caught up with one of our longest serving members of staff, Adam Bramley, who will be celebrating his 15 years of service with FareShare Yorkshire on 11 February!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Partners with FareShare and Global Food Network to Fight Hunger in the UK
As part of a US$60 million programme launched by the Enterprise Rent-A-Car Foundation to combat hunger in Europe and North America, FareShare has received the first of six £500,000 annual grants to...
- FareShare FoodCloud celebrate 5 million meals with Tesco
January 2017 FareShare FoodCloud is celebrating over five million meals served to more than 3,300 community groups and charities since its launch with Tesco a year ago. Launched in February 2016,...
- Here’s a cheer for Chinese New Year
The Oxfordshire Chinese Community and Advice Centre in Oxford hosts a buffet for a thousand people each year in celebration of Chinese New Year using some food they receive from FareShare Thames...
- How to catch a surplus haggis
The wild haggis hunt may be the stuff of Scottish folklore but at FareShare this Burns Night, the surplus haggis hunt is in full swing. Follow our teams redistributing surplus haggis to charities.
- Waitrose is latest retailer to trial FareShare FoodCloud
27 January 2017 We are delighted to announce that UK retailer Waitrose is strengthening its commitment to reducing food waste by launching a trial with FareShare FoodCloud this month. Waitrose is...