Operating since April 2014, FareShare Southern Central provides good quality food to charities and community organisations in Hampshire. We support breakfast clubs, food banks, lunch clubs for older people, night shelters, day centres, community cafes and projects supporting vulnerable young people and those with addictions and mental health. Working closely with the food and drink industry we ensure that no good food goes to waste.
It would be impossible to carry out our vital work without the dedication of our volunteers. We are always looking for new people to join us. If you can spare a minimum of five hours every fortnight, are happy to attend training and induction, we would love to hear from you.
Currently we are looking for:
- Warehouse Assistants: Working within the warehouse you will be sorting and picking orders.
- Drivers/Drivers Mate: You will be the face of FareShare Southern Central delivering food throughout the city.
- Fundraisers: To grow our project we need to raise funds! If you enjoy organising events then this role could be for you.
What’s going on:
- Let’s celebrate Armed Forces Day
In honour of Armed Forced Day, we want to highlight Andy, a volunteer driver for FareShare Yorkshire who served in the Armed Forces.
- What a week. What a week. What a mighty mighty good Volunteer’s Week!
From 1 to 7 June we’ve been celebrating and saying a great big Thank You to all our fantastic FareShare volunteers. Find out what we've been up to.
- FareShare Southern Central recognised for work with families
A partnership between FareShare Southern Central and Barnardo's Children's Centres scooped an Early Years Awards at The Bournemouth Childcare Awards 2016.