Operating since April 2014, FareShare Southern Central provides good quality food to charities and community organisations in Hampshire. We support breakfast clubs, food banks, lunch clubs for older people, night shelters, day centres, community cafes and projects supporting vulnerable young people and those with addictions and mental health. Working closely with the food and drink industry we ensure that no good food goes to waste.
It would be impossible to carry out our vital work without the dedication of our volunteers. We are always looking for new people to join us. If you can spare a minimum of five hours every fortnight, are happy to attend training and induction, we would love to hear from you.
Currently we are looking for:
- Warehouse Assistants: Working within the warehouse you will be sorting and picking orders.
- Drivers/Drivers Mate: You will be the face of FareShare Southern Central delivering food throughout the city.
- Fundraisers: To grow our project we need to raise funds! If you enjoy organising events then this role could be for you.
What’s going on:
- Watch: A thank you film from FareShare
Thank you to everyone who supported our recent Neighbourhood Food Collection in Tesco stores. We made a short film to say thank you.
- Donate food for someone in need this winter
Pop into your local Tesco between 1 and 3 December to donate long-life food for someone in need this winter as part of our ninth Neighbourhood Food Collection.
- Ten older people’s lunch clubs offered free food for a year
FareShare Greater Manchester is marking Older People’s Day by offering a free one year membership to 10 lunch clubs that provide support for older people at risk of malnutrition or social