Operating since April 2014, FareShare Southern Central provides good quality food to charities and community organisations in Hampshire. We support breakfast clubs, food banks, lunch clubs for older people, night shelters, day centres, community cafes and projects supporting vulnerable young people and those with addictions and mental health. Working closely with the food and drink industry we ensure that no good food goes to waste.
It would be impossible to carry out our vital work without the dedication of our volunteers. We are always looking for new people to join us. If you can spare a minimum of five hours every fortnight, are happy to attend training and induction, we would love to hear from you.
Currently we are looking for:
- Warehouse Assistants: Working within the warehouse you will be sorting and picking orders.
- Drivers/Drivers Mate: You will be the face of FareShare Southern Central delivering food throughout the city.
- Fundraisers: To grow our project we need to raise funds! If you enjoy organising events then this role could be for you.
What’s going on:
- Ten older people’s lunch clubs offered free food for a year
FareShare Greater Manchester is marking Older People’s Day by offering a free one year membership to 10 lunch clubs that provide support for older people at risk of malnutrition or social
- Young volunteers lend a hand to FareShare
Volunteers taking part in the National Citizen Service Powered by the Jewish Lads’ and Girls’ Brigade (JLGB) programme helped to sort food for charities and community groups across the capital.
- BBC series Hugh’s War on Waste revisits FareShare
Hugh’s War on Waste returned to the nation’s screens on 28 July with encouraging news about charity redistribution of surplus food: in the six months between filming episode 2 and episode 3...