Operating since April 2014, FareShare Southern Central provides good quality food to charities and community organisations in Hampshire. We support breakfast clubs, food banks, lunch clubs for older people, night shelters, day centres, community cafes and projects supporting vulnerable young people and those with addictions and mental health. Working closely with the food and drink industry we ensure that no good food goes to waste.
It would be impossible to carry out our vital work without the dedication of our volunteers. We are always looking for new people to join us. If you can spare a minimum of five hours every fortnight, are happy to attend training and induction, we would love to hear from you.
Currently we are looking for:
- Warehouse Assistants: Working within the warehouse you will be sorting and picking orders.
- Drivers/Drivers Mate: You will be the face of FareShare Southern Central delivering food throughout the city.
- Fundraisers: To grow our project we need to raise funds! If you enjoy organising events then this role could be for you.
What’s going on:
- FareShare’s foodie surprise at charity sector dinner
20th April 2017 Unsuspecting guests at the NVCO Dinner were served up a special surprise last Thursday – a sumptuous main course created with surplus food. NCVO is the membership organisation...
- Easter treats and egg hunts at FareShare
13 April 2017 When it comes to egg hunts, FareShare staff and volunteers didn’t have far to look — over 24,360 of them were redistributed to charities and community groups in the days leading...
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car Partners with FareShare and Global Food Network to Fight Hunger in the UK
As part of a US$60 million programme launched by the Enterprise Rent-A-Car Foundation to combat hunger in Europe and North America, FareShare has received the first of six £500,000 annual grants to...