Operating since April 2014, FareShare Southern Central provides good quality food to charities and community organisations in Hampshire. We support breakfast clubs, food banks, lunch clubs for older people, night shelters, day centres, community cafes and projects supporting vulnerable young people and those with addictions and mental health. Working closely with the food and drink industry we ensure that no good food goes to waste.
It would be impossible to carry out our vital work without the dedication of our volunteers. We are always looking for new people to join us. If you can spare a minimum of five hours every fortnight, are happy to attend training and induction, we would love to hear from you.
Currently we are looking for:
- Warehouse Assistants: Working within the warehouse you will be sorting and picking orders.
- Drivers/Drivers Mate: You will be the face of FareShare Southern Central delivering food throughout the city.
- Fundraisers: To grow our project we need to raise funds! If you enjoy organising events then this role could be for you.
What’s going on:
- 1 million meals in 1 year!
August 2017 In the first year of our partnership, customers of UK logistics and supply chain expert Fowler Welch have donated enough food to FareShare to provide one million meals for charities...
- General Mills is the first to deliver food to our new Regional Centre
18th August 2017 General Mills, one of the world’s leading food companies, is the first to deliver surplus goods to FareShare’s brand new regional centre in East Anglia. We took delivery of Old...
- Five foodie facts about East Anglia
This summer we are opening a brand new Regional Centre in East Anglia. To celebrate we’ve been learning all sorts of foodie facts about the area. Take a look at our top five.